Ever have to update/merge a PR on BitBucket with Mercurial? I couldn't find documentation anywhere, so doing so here:
- hg up BOOKMARK_NAME
- hg merge [--preview] -r REV
- If EDITOR is not set:
- hg resolve --all
- hg commit -m "Merge with default"
- hg push --allow-anon
So, every now and then on a PR I need to rebase and fix things so I can retest etc. - I always forget this so blogging it to remember.
I have a diff on origin/master on my forked repo and I need a rebase from upstream/master (where I forked from).
Github recommends merging (https://help.github.com/articles/syncing-a-fork/), this is not always the best way. I do the following:
- git remote add upstream https://github.com/python/cpython.git
- git fetch upstream master
- git rebase upstream/master (no space here '/' instead)
I hope this saves you some time as I continually waste time here.