If you would like to use your iPhone 3.0 with your bluetooth capable Ubuntu 9.04 PC then uit.sh (Ubuntu Iphone Thethering) is for you. This script installs all required conf, allows you to enable and disable your iphone tethering and even uninstall the conf if you no longer need it. I do expect NetworkManager to eventually support this out of the box.
— Ubuntu iPhone Tethering (uit) Version 0.1 – Cooper Lees <firstname.lastname@example.org> —
Usage: ./uit.sh options
– This script will install, uninstall, enable and disable iPhone tethering with iPhone 3.0 Software.
– It has been tested on a upto date (patched) box as of 20090623.
– !! Be careful, this script will ask for your password to get root privledges to your system!
-h Show this message
-i Install required configuration
-u Uninstall required configuration
-c Connect Tethering
-d Disconnect Tethering
-m  Set iPhone’s MAC Address (to /home/USERNAME/.uitrc)
– Inital installation requires an active Internet Connection to get required dependancies through apt-get. Current dependancies = ‘bluez-compat’
– Only the install requires you to sudo the script, other areas apropriately sudo where required.